Saturday, March 14, 2009

French Toast

This is not really a recipe......I just throw it together, and it is easy to make as much or as little as you need!

For 6 people, I would use:

7 eggs - Put them in a bowl that is wide enough for a slice of bread at the bottom, and beat slightly.

Milk - It all depends on how eggy you like your French toast. If you are like me, you don't want too much of an egg flavor. I just pour milk in until the eggs "look right", which means I probably put in about 1 cup....like I said, it varies. Experiment! :-)

Sugar - I use probably 1/4 to 1/3 cup. Use more if you like your French toast sweeter. If you'd rather use honey, you're on your own, because I have never used it with French toast. Let me know it turns out with honey! :-)

Cinnamon - I love cinnamon. It's one of my favorite spices! I put in quite a bit, probably 1-1/2 tsp. If you don't like cinnamon, leave it out, but the toast won't taste the same! :-(

~

Mix all the above together well, then get your griddle heated up! Dip bread slices in the egg mix, and flip them quickly so the bread doesn't absorb too much liquid and distenigrate on you! Place the dipped bread slices on a moderately hot griddle and watch for the bread to dry out on the bottom edge that is touching the griddle. Make sure to brown it nicely on both sides.

Voila! There's your French toast :-)

No comments: